We are pleased that you are considering RCDS for your child, and we look forward to meeting with you. Please use the checklist to guide you through the application process.
In reviewing the admissibility of each candidate, the Admissions Committee considers the following criteria:
- Admission interview and a School visit
- School records (complete transcript[s] and standardized testing scores)
- Students entering Pre-K and Kindergarten are asked to submit one recommendation
- Students entering grades 1 through 5 are asked to send one recommendation from a current teacher or the most recent classroom teacher.
- How would the student benefit and contribute to the RCDS community?
RCDS recognizes that some students have different learning styles. Although the school has learning specialists on our faculty, it does not offer a special education program.
Admissions decisions and enrollment contracts will be sent to parents once the admission’s process is completed. Parents are expected to return the contract along with a non-refundable deposit of $2,500 within two weeks of receipt.
The normal entry date is the beginning of the school year in September. When it is appropriate, students may enter in mid-year. Usually this occurs at the beginning of the second trimester (after Thanksgiving) or in January at the mid-year mark in the public school.
Rockland Country Day School admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sexual orientation, national and/or ethnic origin in the administration of its educational policies, admission policies, financial aid programs, athletic, and other school administrative programs, including its faculty and staff recruitment.
For more information please contact our Admissions Office at 845-268-6802 ext. 206 or email email@example.com